Skip to main content
Solved

How do I add a date and time stamp to the signature on docusign? I tried to look for the icons that would allow for document formatting, but have had no luck. Been struggling with this for the past 20 minutes, and there no other resources.

• 27 March 2023
  • 6 replies

How do I add a date and time stamp to the signature on docusign? I tried to look for the icons that would allow for document formatting, but have had no luck. Been struggling with this for the past 20 minutes, and there no other resources.

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.

You will need to use the Date Signed field and change the format to add the time, please see How do I include a time stamp along with the date signed on document? for more information.

Note: You will need to be an Account Admin in order to change the format, if you are not the Admin, please contact your Account Admin.

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

I don't see any icons at the top, on the side, nowhere. I couldn't find anything or any button to format the Date Signed field.What I See

Missing Icons 

I have no idea where to click on Date Signed field to help format the field. I don't know if it's because I don't have full access on the profile or what.

Hello,

We apologize for the inconvenience, but the changes must be done in the account settings.

Best regards,

Good morning Christopher,

Yes, I would like assistance with this matter and would appreciate if there were screen shots of buttons to click or where to click in order to get to the account settings page as instructed by you in order to update and modify my signature to include the date and time stamp. Can you please kindly provide verbal or visual directions in order to get the account settingss where I can modify the signature?

I would greatly appreciate it in tenfold.

Thank you very much.

Hello,

In order to change the format in the date signed field, you will need to access the Account Settings tab, which is located next to the reports tab, from there you should click on the sub-menu on the right side of the screen called Signing Settings.

Scroll to Document Formatting and select a format for the time stamp, when finished, scroll to the bottom of the page and click Save.

For more information please see https://support.docusign.com/s/document-item?language=en_US&bundleId=pik1583277475390&topicId=vkq1583277322201.html&_LANG=enus.

If you do not have access to the settings tab you will have to contact your account Admin.

Best regards,