Skip to main content

I am wondering if anyone in the community has navigated a support ticket where people are experiencing multiple email reminders even after they have finished their action.  This is happening for a group in our business who has been really stable for multiple months and they swear they didn’t change anything in their template/workflow. From their eyes, this is new and sudden behaviour.  Thanks for any insights you may be able to offer.

Hello @Donna Sevigny ,

Welcome to the Docusign Community and thank you for posting your concerns!

Can you provide an envelope ID?: Where can I find the Envelope ID?

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

Thank you Nathaly.  I have an open case ticket with DocuSign where we are digging in deeper for the particular envelope.  I don’t want to double dip 😉 But, I am interested to learn if some other DocuSign community members have experienced the same undesirable behaviour such as email notifications after signing without an obvious reason. If they have, did they do any investigation with their email administration teams learning of issues or best practices to follow when dealing with email notifications for Docusign or any cloud service sending email notifications. I have a hunch email notifications may be getting interrupted (scanned, held and eventually released and not necessarily in order) or scanning is somehow triggering events such as open without a viewed record which we are also seeing in our envelope history. 

Hello @Donna Sevigny ,
Thank you for reaching back.
Of course, if any other user is experiencing this issue they are free to comment/ask under your post.
I had a different user comment on a similar issue not that many days ago, it seems like the recipient after signing entered the document on 5 different occasions resulting in an expired link being automatically sent to their email address, could this be your case? Can you check the history of your envelopes?

Best regards,

It is quite possible that it is our case we have open.  Sounds familiar...CaseID 14242082. The envelope history is what we are working from to note several open events within short periods of time without a corresponding viewed event.  Which, as far as I know goes against the documentation/article?

Hello @Donna Sevigny ,
Thank you for reaching back.

I checked the case, your interactions with the agent and the envelope ID provided in the case. Checking the envelope ID with one of our tools, it does not show that so many envelopes were sent other than the 3 for expired links and the initial one for signing. And it seems like the envelope does not have reminders enabled. I do recommend you continue with support to check the HAR and API files.

Best regards,