Skip to main content
Question

How to add watermark to Docusign Gen Template?

• 30 July 2024
  • 5 replies

Hi,

I have recently started working on Docusign Gen Templates and looking to add a watermark to the template? How can I get started on this?

Hi @srija,

Welcome to the Docusign Community!

We are glad to have you here and can't wait to help share as much knowledge as possible.

I understand that you are looking to add a watermark to your DocuSign Gen template, and I will assist you with setting it up. To accomplish your goal you will need to add your watermark to your Word template, I have taken the liberty of including below Microsoft’s guide on how to do this. Once that has been taken care of, you can upload your document as part of your Gen Template during the Add documents step of the Gen Template creation process. For detailed steps on this process, see:

Put a watermark on all pages

Step 4: Upload the Word Document to Your Gen Template

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this. 

Thank you for using Docusign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day! 

Best regards,

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator  

Please click "Best Answer" below if you find my reply to be a valid solution to your issue!

Hi Alejandro,

Thanks. This was helpful. I am looking to add conditional based watermark. Like the Watermark has to be removed once the document is signed and completed or like Quote is Approved. Any insights would be helpful.

Hi @srija,

Thank you for following up.

Since your watermark needs to be triggered by conditional logic based on your record’s data, you will need to follow these steps to set it up.

• Add the text "watermark"  within the conditional select Tag inside the Shapes.
  • Add Rectangle Shape to the Word document
  • Paste the contents into the Shape by replacing the fields in the conditional tag
  • Update the Shapes position to "Send to Back “

With this configuration the text watermark will be added as a watermark based on the conditions set in the Select tag. As I understand this could be challenging to approach for the first time, you might benefit from reviewing your use case along with one of our Support Experts during a live contact, feel free to create a new support case if needed and we will lend a hand as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Please click "Best Answer" below if you find my reply to be a valid solution to your issue!

​Hi @srija,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested?           

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find. Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!   

Hi @Alejandro.Ramos,

I have raised a support case with Docusign. They mentioned that we cannot have conditional based watermarks and we need to upload 2 documents separately with/without Watermark and have Document Rules enabled.