Question

DocuSign - Workday integration

• 11 April 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Hi :) 

We want to connect DocuSign with Workday and are looking for the documentation about the topic. Where can we find it? What needs to be done on our (DocuSign) side? I’ve found an info that there are resources on the Workday community, but we don’t have an access there.

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

@Ada RR 

You can find more information on this DocuSign website as well as on the Workday website.

Badge +1

Unfortunately there’s no documentation on those sites apart from short pdf with no detailed info

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hello @Ada RR ,

Welcome to the Docusign Community and thank you for posting your concerns!

I’m sorry to hear that there isn’t any available information regarding setting up Docusign with Workday. I understand you would like to have information about the setup.

Unfortunately, Docusign does not own the integration with Workday, so I would recommend you contact their support team for further assistance on setting the integration up.

I did find information that could be of your assistance, however, any question would be better supported by their team: Docusign for Workday

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

@Ada RR - I’ve done a few too many integrations between Workday and DocuSign.   

Here are step-by-step directions for using DocuSign within a Workday tenant, the process can be organized as follows:

Step 1: Configure DocuSign in Workday

1. Access Tenant Setup:

• Navigate to the 'Edit Tenant Setup - Business Processes' task in your Workday tenant.
  2. Enter DocuSign Credentials:

• Enter your DocuSign Enterprise License information.
    • Provide the login email (preferably a service account not tied to any individual).
    • Enter the password for the DocuSign account.
  3. Authenticate with DocuSign:

• Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on 'Authenticate with DocuSign'.
    • Sign in to DocuSign using your credentials.
    • After successful login, you will be redirected back to Workday. The connection will complete in the background. Click 'Done'.
  4. Confirm DocuSign Account ID:

• Navigate back to the 'Edit Tenant Setup - Business Processes' task.
    • Click on 'Confirm DocuSign Account ID' at the bottom of the page.
    • Select the appropriate Account ID for DocuSign use and click 'OK' to save.

Step 2: Configure DocuSign Anchor Text

1. Set Up Anchor Text:

• Still in the 'Edit Tenant Setup - Business Processes' task, scroll to the section titled 'Configure DocuSign Anchor Text'.
    • Enter custom anchor texts like 'signHere', 'initialHere', and 'dateSigned'. This text will map to specific elements in the document where actions are required (e.g., 'signAnchor1' for the first signing group role).
  2. Select Tag Types:

• Workday supports seven DocuSign tag types: 'signHere', 'initialHere', 'fullName', 'dateSigned', 'title', 'signHere-Optional', and 'initialHere-Optional'.
    • Choose the necessary tag types from the 'DocuSign Tag Type' column for your document needs.

Step 3: Configure Business Processes

1. Review Document Steps:

• Configure the 'Review Document' step for various processes such as 'Change Business Title', 'New Hire', and 'Offer Letter'.
  2. Initiate Business Process:

• Begin the business process for actions like changing a user’s business title.

Step 4: Document Signing

1. User Signatures:
    • Documents are sent to designated users who will sign using DocuSign, configured as either 'Sequential Signer' or 'Single Signer'.

Step 5: Finalization

1. Complete Setup:
    • After all configurations and processes are completed, review the setup to ensure all steps are correctly implemented and operational.