Skip to main content

Hi,

I have just upgrade dmy plan to be able to use webforms, i have created a webform from a template, howevr on my test run after filling in the details on the webform, it has not then populated that data into the template when it goes for signature, i hope that makes sense?!

Hello @PaulBattle17 

When you create the web form, did you place the fields on the template? just like drag and drop fields on template?

thanks!

hi thank you , i think so? its odd because some fields are mapping correctyl whilst others are not

These are mapping correctly and pulling through to the template

This is an example of the one not working

This is where its not populating onto the template

Okay, Can you check the “Data Label” the field which are not populating. sometimes it can cause.

hi thank you what should I be checking please?

Here is a screenshot

Yeah That’s correct, you have to make sure that every field have the name in “Data Labile”. and I would suggest do that on the template setting not on web form directly.

hi Pawan thank you , still not working, please see screenshots below

Hey @PaulBattle17 

Okay, Go to the “templates” tab follow the ss:

And also if not worked you can follow the video link which is very helpful.
Recorded and posted on youtube by @sofian_solusign.

Thanks @Pawan Gangwani 

One thing to consider is that once a webform is created, a duplicate template is created. This template can only be found through the webform in the ‘Signature’ section.

So if edits need to be made to the template, going to the templates tab will not help. Our team has just realized this last week.

That might be the issue that @PaulBattle17 is facing.

Sofian Saoudi | Founder @Solusign Consulting - Docusign Partner

Need help with Docusign?
 🌎  www.solusign.com | 📧 hello@solusign.com | 📺 Learn Docusign on YouTube 

Thank you to you both for your help

I dont know how but we managed to get it resolved however what I wanted was the webform to be filled out by individuals separately

Basically, I am an estate agent, and when we send our valuation email after the appointment, I wanted to include a link that prospective clients could click on and sign the terms of business there and then. However that contract needs to be edited for each property as there are unique values that change, such as price and fee, I can do this in my CRM and send it out for signature, but obvioulsy requires my input, I was hpoing for somehting more automated and I thought the webform woudl enable that but it also only allows one person to input data into the webform before it then goes to the signature section for each recipient etc

Thanks @Pawan Gangwani 

One thing to consider is that once a webform is created, a duplicate template is created. This template can only be found through the webform in the ‘Signature’ section.

So if edits need to be made to the template, going to the templates tab will not help. Our team has just realized this last week.

That might be the issue that @PaulBattle17 is facing.

Sofian Saoudi | Founder @Solusign Consulting - Docusign Partner

Need help with Docusign?
 🌎  www.solusign.com | 📧 hello@solusign.com | 📺 Learn Docusign on YouTube 

Oh that’s the great finding. I will keep that in mind.
Thanks!

@PaulBattle17 Yeah that’s true. but it’s good that you resolved it.
Thanks!🌈

@PaulBattle17 you can prefill the webform automatically with your CRM, you just need an integration that will populate the fields after pressing a button. I’ll make a video to show you 

@PaulBattle17 you can prefill the webform automatically with your CRM, you just need an integration that will populate the fields after pressing a button. I’ll make a video to show you 

Did you create a video?

Hello @PaulBattle17 ,

If you found the provided response to be a useful solution to your question, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!