Question

Error on opening Word File uploaded via Salesforce integration

Badge +1

In our newly implemented integration, I can see and download the PDF and Word files that are coming in to Salesforce via Docusign in the DocuSign status object. However, I’m unable to open the downloaded Word file and get this error - any suggestions?

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hello, @JennyL 

You are welcome to the Docusign Community!

This error is coming from something related to the MS Word program, thus try these two things:

1. 1. Go to your Office Word > File > Options > Trust Center > Trust Center Settings > Protected View.
    2. Uncheck all the three boxes.
    3. Click Ok to save changes.
    4. Then reopen your Word application again, check if you are able to access the files without the same security warning.

2. Read this Microsoft article: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/office-file-links-and-attachments-in-outlook-desktop-show-to-be-in-protected-view-but-do-not-open-02d08ba4-cea2-4a01-a4eb-05997975448e

Let me know if that solved your problem, if so, I’d appreciate your Like here, thanks!

Best,

Alexandre

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hello @JennyL ,

If you found the provided response to be a useful solution to your question, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

Badge +1

Thanks for the recommendation @nathaly.monge - unfortunately this hasn’t fixed the issue.

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hello @JennyL ,

Thank you for reaching back.

I’m sorry to hear that the issue was not resolved.

After reviewing the error you are getting, I would like to inform you that DocuSign is unable to send completed documents on Word's format, all our signed envelopes must go using PDF format, you can verify what I am telling you just downloading the file, change the file extension to PDF instead of DOCX and you will be able to open the file with your PDF reader.

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!