Question

Definition of Load Default Contacts

• 17 April 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Hi, 

In the envelope configuration in Salesforce. What does ‘Load Default Contacts’ mean specifically?

I am using Legacy DocuSign and I would like auto send an envelope from a Custom Object through a flow.. Trying to understand how I can tell the system where to pull the signers from and I hoping that Load Default Contacts might be it. But I can’t find much documentation on how that checkbox works. 

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hello @etemkin,

You can only trigger an envelope via Salesforce Flow’s in Docusign’s latest managed package of the DocuSign Apps Launcher.

To answer your question, “Load Default Contacts” only work with specific standard objects in Salesforce. For example, if your source object was an Account, setting this to “true” would pull in all related Contacts of the Account.

I believe the behavior is the same for Opportunities as well for pulling in the Opportunity Contact Roles Related List.

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hi @etemkin,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested or if the information that was provided was useful.

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.