Question

Connect for Salesforce - Limiting upload of envelopes created directly in Docusign into SFDC

• 25 April 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hiya!  Is there a way to configure this integration/connector so that when a user initiates an envelope (or template) directly from Docusign, that it DOESN”T also feed into salesforce, or alternatively, to set it up so that it feeds into salesforce only if you could somehow include an opportunity ID in the envelope?  We have users who work on both revenue transactions as well as vendor transactions, and we don’t want the vendor transactions to upload into SFDC.  Thanks in advance for any ideas!

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hello @CoriM,

I’m assuming for envelopes created outside of Salesforce you do not want a DocuSign Status record created inside of Salesforce.

If you wanted to leverage the same logic of requiring an Opportunity Id in order to create a DocuSign Status, you can do that in Salesforce. You would just open the object settings for the DocuSign Status object. Then set the Opportunity reference to required. If a value is not present in the envelope, it will not create the record now.

Keep in mind, this will create a failure log every time within Docusign Connect.

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Alternative way:

1. Custom Workflows: Use DocuSign’s advanced workflows to check for the presence of specific document custom fields (like an opportunity ID) before an envelope is sent to Salesforce. This can be programmed to route the envelope differently based on the data it contains.

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hello @Justin Jiang,

Where in Docusign would you set a custom workflow? Docusign Connect in general sends payloads only based on Recipient and Envelope events. The additional method to trigger when payloads are sent is if you update the Users, but by default it is “All Users”. Connect for Salesforce does not have a method of triggering payloads based on document or envelope fields. I would love to be incorrect because the method you mentioned is more efficient. 😁 

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi @CoriM ,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you need further assistance, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.