Solved

Conditionally displaying an envelope custom field (ECF) in an Email Resource template

Badge +1

Hello everyone!

I am new to DocuSign, so my question may seem too simple. So I ask you for advice.

When I send an envelope from Salesforce.com, several envelope custom fields (ECF) are automatically created. One of them contains the Salesforce.com record ID. Since objects of different types in Salesforce (Account, Opportunity, Lead, etc.) can initiate sending an envelope from Salesforce, the names of the Envelope Custom Fields (ECF) will be different (SFAccount, SFOpportunity, SFLead, etc.). And depending on the type of object, I want to display different text in the Email Resource template. For example, if a document from Salesforce is sent from the Account object record, then I want to display the following text:

Account Id: [[ECF:ECF SFAccont]]

If a document is sent from the Opportunity record, then:

Opportuniyu Id: [[ECF:ECF SFOpportunity]]

Please tell me if the syntax below for adding to the Email Resource template is correct or if not, correct me:

[[Conditional:ECF SFAccont]] Account Id: [[ECF:ECF SFAccont]]
[[Conditional:ECF SFOpportunity]] Opportuniyu Id: [[ECF:ECF SFOpportunity]]

Thanks for your answers and have a nice day!

icon

Best answer by nathaly.monge 12 June 2024, 20:11

View Original

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hello @Sergev.V.2024 ,

Welcome to the Docusign Community and thank you for posting your concerns!

I understand you are looking to add change the email resource file to say different things depending from where the envelope is being created and sent through Salesforce.

Can you provide the Docusign Salesforce package and version you are using?

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

Badge +1

@nathaly.monge  Hello! 

Thanks for the reply!

Yes, you are right. I want to understand if I can add some text to the Email Resource template (message sent when envelope signing period expires) depending on the value of the Envelope Custom Fields (ECF) I received with this envelope. If this envelope contains an Envelope Custom Fields (ECF) with the name ##SFAccount I want to display the message

[[Conditional:##SFAccount]]   Account Id:   [[ECF:##SFAccount]]

but if the envelope does not contain such Envelope Custom Fields (ECF), then I do not want to add anything to the message.

Is it possible and can I use the syntax above for this?

We have the following types of packages installed.

1. DocuSign eSignature for Salesforce - version 7.12.3
2. DocuSign For Salesforce Lightning Component - version 1.13

Thanks for your help!

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hello @Sergev.V.2024 ,

Thank you for reaching back and for the further explanation.

I’m sad to say that at the moment we do not have a functionality to program what you are looking for in one resource file. To accomplish what you are looking for you would need to use 2 different Brands with two different resource files.

1. One Brand is for the envelopes with ECF -- and resource file with [[Conditional:##SFAccount]]  Account Id:  [[ECF:##SFAccount]]
  2. And another Brand is for envelopes with no ECF

If there is more conditionals you want to input you would need to create another brand and edit that resource file. The Sender would need to manually input the ECF and assign the correct Brand to the envelope before sending it out.

The following links can be of help:

Note: Some advanced features and options are supported only in certain DocuSign plans. Your account plan might not support some options discussed in this help topic. For more information about which options are available for your account, contact your account administrator. Or, visit our Plans and Pricing web page for more details on the features included with your plan.
Compare eSignature plans & pricing

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!