Question

Conditional page

• 7 February 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

I am new to docusign and am looking to see if this is even possible.

We create many different templates based off all of the same pages. Simple example.  Template 1 might have 6 pages of the exact same page and Template 2 is the same pages but only 4 copies of the same page.

It is possible to make a worst case scenario situation template (has the most pages in it as possible),  populate the merge fields, and if certain fields are blank then hide/remove the pages with blank fields?   Basically is it possible to conditionally hide pages?

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

@ChristinaC No feature or option that I am aware of within the DocuSign application that allows for ‘conditional pages’. There are Conditional Fields and Conditional Recipients. I could see a scenario where you had a Template with 10 pages and each page was populated with fields based on a Dropdown field but if fields were not applied to page 8, 9 and 10 those pages would still exist in the envelope.

Badge +1

@David.Schmitz Thanks for the reply.  I had a sneaky feeling it was not possible but feel better now that I asked and got a response.  

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hi @ChristinaC,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested? 

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!   

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hello @ChristinaC,

DocuSign Gen for eSignature can conditionally create documents with or without certain pages but not based on fields filled out by a customer since generation occurs before a recipient has received the document. If you know those answers before the document is sent that’s a possible path to take. 

Alternatively, while not the cleanest solution, there is a way to create a very large text field that covers the entirety of a page but only appears if certain conditions are met based on content from other fields using the conditional fields feature. There was an important scenario I’ve seen where this had to be utilized and the text field they added that covered the page had the text “Page intentionally left blank” to allow for this.

I don’t typically recommend that as the best path forward but it depends on business needs and amount of time/effort saved as you’re the best judge on that solution’s value.

Thank you!