Question

PDF document

• 26 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge

Can I use DocuSign to fill out a pdf document within DocuSign and then send it for signature. I have DocuSign integrated with Jobber

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

@Nouma The short answer is “yes”. There are a large variety of DocuSign fields that can be added to the document that is uploaded to the envelope.  Text fields I would say are the most common that can be added and they can utilize validations to apply rules to the text that gets added.  There are many other fields types that you might find useful and I have included a DocuSign article which provides more information:

https://support.docusign.com/s/document-item?bundleId=ulp1643236876813&topicId=vfk1578456408630.html&_LANG=enus

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hello, @Nouma 

Welcome to the DocuSign Community!

Yes, you can.

Create a new envelope, add the PDF file. Two things to take in consideration:

1. If the file is a simple .PDF document (not a PDF Form) then after adding it, adding the recipients, you should add Text Fields and other types of fields in the uploaded document so the recipients can fill out.
  2. If the .PDF is a Form with fields already set in the form so after adding the recipients, when you click Next, a pop up window will appear asking how do you want use the PDF form. If you want to keep the already filled fields or you want a fresh new form with fields in blank to be filled out.

Of course, if you are going to use it often, it’s better and more productive to create a Template

I hope that helps!

Alexandre

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi @Nouma,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested? 

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!