Skip to main content

I’ve recently installed DocuSign for SharePoint and started using this today in our SharePoint Online library.  Everything seemed to be working well but I’ve just noticed that completed documents appear to be getting duplicated (three or more times) and are placed in the “DocuSign Documents” folder.  Every duplicated signed document says modified by “SharePoint App” and has a number appended at the end of the filename.

What could be causing this, I can’t see anything in the settings that would be causing this issue.  Has anyone else experienced this?

Hi @ClaireTun,

Thank you for reaching out to the Docusign Community.  
There are 2 settings in your Docusign for SharePoint integration that could be behind this behavior, to confirm if they are in fact the root cause of the issue try the following:

• Disabling the "include CoC" setting will reduce the file count by 1, as there will no longer be a Certificate of Completion written back.
  • Changing your Signed PDF setting to "Download combined PDF" will also reduce the file count, as the documents will then be joined, instead of written back individually

More details on how to work with these settings can be found, here:

Docusign for SharePoint Online Account Settings

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this. 

Best regards,

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator  

Please click "Best Answer" below if you find my reply to be a valid solution to your issue!

Hi @Alejandro.Ramos I checked the settings and Completed PDF Download is already set to Combined, also Include Certificate of Completion is on.

The strange thing is I created a new document library on the same site as a test and uploaded some files in there for signing.  This library does not behave the same way, it is only creating one completed signed document which is correct.  As I understand it, the docuSign settings are per site collection so I’m not sure why the other library is duplicating the files.