Skip to main content

We have a google form that is filled from Slack and goes to Google Sheets, from there we want a template sent out with certain fields assigned to the recipient to fill out. Currently it only sends out an empty template with no fields assigned to the recipient to fill out. 

Hello, @BachDSingh 

You are welcome to the Docusign Community!

In the template being used, you need to use the Auto Place feature to automatically place field in pre-defined anchor texts. 

For example, in your template you have a text in the document written: The counterparty signs here

You can use such text to configure a Sign here field, use the Auto place option to automatically place it in that phrase. So, when a document coming from your Google drive or whatever matches an existing template in the eSignature side and the Google form has in any place that same phrase The counterparty signs here so the field will be automatically placed there.

In summary, your template must have fields configured to use Auto Place feature and your upcoming documents must have anchor texts matching your template.

Watch this vídeo for details:

I hope that helps!

Best,

Alexandre

Hi,

We already have the fields mapped out in the PDF. The issue is when the template is automatically sent, it does so without the fields assigned to the recipient. They just get a PDF with no fields. 

Hi @BachDSingh,

Thank you for following up.

In that case, you would want to look into adding these Adobe PDF Form Fields, to your envelope by converting them to DocuSign fields.

The option to assign the fields to an exisiting recipient in your envelope will show up after uploading your document. In this scenario, you will want to pick the option that says “Assign all fields to a recipient” or just “Assign”.

For more details on this process, see:

Send a PDF with Form Fields

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this. 

Thank you for using Docusign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day! 

Best regards,

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator  

Please click "Best Answer" below if you find my reply to be a valid solution to your issue!

Hi @BachDSingh,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested? 

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!