Skip to main content
When I try to actually drop my signature on the line, I get a field that says "sign", not the esignature. What am I doing wrong. Can you help?

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience, I understand that you having issues dropping the signature. 

To confirm, are you the sender of the envelope or the recipient?

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

Hi Christopher, Thank you for the prompt reply. I am the sender pf the envelop and one of the signators. Best regards, Roxanne Mayweather

Hello,

Thank you for the information, I understand in that case if you need to sign the envelope, you will need to add yourself as a recipient and add the signature fields as needed.

Note: The fields you add apply only to the selected recipient and are color-coded to match the recipient's color. You can only add fields for the recipients you designated as signers; you cannot add fields for recipients who simply need to view or receive a copy only.

More information at https://support.docusign.com/s/document-item?bundleId=ulp1643236876813&topicId=vds1578456270396.html&_LANG=enus

Or you can upload a document with your signature already on it.

Best regards,

TY, I did add myself as a recipient but I don’t want or need fields. Is there a way to bypass? It seems like I’ve bypassed “fields” before. . Best regards, Roxanne Mayweather

Hello,

In this case, you can add yourself and send it without the fields when you get the notification in your envelope you will have the option to add the signature by dragging it from the menu or you can just add the signature field before sending the envelope.

Best regards,