Skip to main content

Hi,

I used Docusign to sign my tenancy agreement with the tenant and the witnesses. This was issued 2 months back and I just realised as one of the joint landlord (my spouse) has not signed the document in time. This has marked the whole document as void.

Is there any way to reinstate the document? Am just worried if this is going to void my whole tenancy agreement with the tenant.

Appreciate the advice from this community.

Best, R

Based on the information provided the envelope expired due to a Recipient, in this case the joint landlord (spouse) not taking the required action within the envelope expiration time limit.  This does “void” the envelope due to the expiration and places a “void” across the document in the envelope.  Once an envelope has been voided, either due to a Recipient declining, the Sender voiding, or the envelope expiring, the envelope and the corresponding document cannot be un-voided for that envelope.  A new envelope would need to be created and sent to the Recipients for signatures/actions.  

Tx David.

I can initiate a new workflow but concerned if it will reset the contract start date, which will be an issue. Understand I should raise it with the rental experts but any advice would be great.

I suppose the “Contract Start Date” would be dependent on how the envelope was created.   If this originated from a Contract Management System such as within Salesforce or other application then it could be difficult to update based on who the owner of the record.  If this was just an envelope created inside of DocuSign then it would be a question of whether this information was part of the document or if this was a Text Field set to a Date validation or possibly a “Date Signed” field.  If a DocuSign field then it would be under the control of the Sender to update that information for the Recipients to sign.  Apologies if this was not helpful.

Hi David, 

Your inputs are certainly helpful.

My document is just a simple word document which required few people to sign digitally...no fancy stuff. I was just wondering if its possible to initiate a new flow which includes current signatures and send only to that individual to include her sign. I was reading the community and someone suggested to use the “Copy with Field data” option but i tried and its not retaining the signatures. 

Is initiating a new flow with back-dated tenancy start date the only option?

Best, Ravi

Hi @P.Ravishankar,

Welcome to the DocuSign Community!

We are glad to have you here and can't wait to help share as much knowledge as possible.

I understand that you would like to include completed signatures in a document as part of a new envelope, and I will share more details on the topic.

The eSignature application will only keep track of signatures completed within the same signing session.

If you copy and send your envelope, the signatures completed in the new signing session will override the ones in the original envelope.

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this. 

Thank you for using DocuSign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day! 

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator  

Please click "Best Answer" below if you find my reply to be a valid solution to your issue!

Hi @P.Ravishankar,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested? 

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!