Skip to main content

Hello,

We have a process whereby every month we produce upwards of 100 documents which all have the same format but the data in each changes each month. The location of where they are signed is identical for each document and is sent to a single individual.

Is it possible in Docusign to:

1. Upload multiple documents at once and have the signature location automatically positioned and assigned i.e. dropping 100 documents in an envelope and Docusign automatically places the signature box in the bottom left of the first page of each document
  2. Send out all 100 documents as separate emails for signature rather than a single email including all 100 documents in a single PDF. This enables the signer to decide which of the 100 documents can be signed and which can be rejected.

Thank you

Hello, @AlexBL 

You are welcome to the Docusig Community!

Sure, you can do that!

1. Upload multiple documents at once and have the signature location automatically positioned and assigned i.e. dropping 100 documents in an envelope and Docusign automatically places the signature box in the bottom left of the first page of each document

Answer: Creating a template for your process then using the Auto Place field option
    Watch this video: 

2. Send out all 100 documents as separate emails for signature rather than a single email including all 100 documents in a single PDF. This enables the signer to decide which of the 100 documents can be signed and which can be rejected.

Answer: You can send 100 envelopes at once using the Bulk Send option.
    Using bulk send you can send envelopes individually to the signers and not just one envelope with all the 100 documents.

Watch this video: 

Let me know if I answered your questions.

Best,

Alexandre

Hi Alexandre,

Thank you, that’s very helpful.

If I drop say 10 different files with the same format, structure but different figures and same signatories into Send an Envelope and I want to apply the template to all of the files in that envelope, is there a shortcut? From what I can see it tries to apply the template automatically but where it doesn’t each file needs to be selected to apply the template.

Also, if the 10 files are sent out and one is incorrect, all need to be declined. Is there a way to send them out so that say 9 can be signed and 1 can be rejected?

Kind regards,

Alex

Hello @AlexBL ,

Thank you for reaching back.

I understand you would like to know if there is an easier way to apply templates to files and if there is a way to only reject one file out of 10 instead of the whole envelope.

Regarding the rejection question, unfortunately, it is not possible, if a recipient rejects an envelope due to one document it will reject all documents and void the sent envelope, for that, it is always better to have the comments feature enabled so that the signer can communicate with the sender regarding the document, and if no actions have been made on the document the sender will be able to change what is needed.

There is an option to apply a template automatically when you choose your document without the need of you selecting the actual needed template, for more information, please view the following article: Manage Automatic Template Matching

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

Hello @AlexBL ,

If you found my response to be a useful solution to your question, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!