Skip to main content

I have integrated DocuSIgn with Outsystems but when I am signing any document it is only showing the first saved signature and I am not able to edit or change the signature. Is there any specific solution for the same or any method by which each time a new document is opened it asks to either draw the signature or to upload a signature instead of showing the first signature by default. Also I have attached the screenshot of the issue

Hi @vaibhaviparanjpe10,

Welcome to the DocuSign Community!

We are glad to have you here and can't wait to help share as much knowledge as possible.

I am sorry to hear that you are only able to use a generic signature when singing documents through your OutSystems integration, but I will help you find the root cause of the issue.

Based on the screenshot you provided, I can see that this envelope was started through the “Sign a Document” action. Taking this into consideration, this is expected behavior from eSignature under these circumstances.

To workaround the limitation presented by the “Sign a Document” action, you will need to start your envelope through the option to “Send an Envelope” instead.

Since the OutSystems integration was not developed directly by DocuSign, I am unaware of whether or not you have the option to “Send an Envelope” from their end. Because of this reason OutSystems Support will be in the best position to help with any follow up questions on this topic.

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this. 

Thank you for using DocuSign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day! 

Best regards,

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator  

Please click "Best Answer" below if you find my reply to be a valid solution to your issue!

Hi @vaibhaviparanjpe10,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested? 

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!