Skip to main content

When I try to use the function to have the client sign the document...it is TINY? What happened? I also want to add text...but the text box is also Tiny and I can't type any text into the box??

Welcome to the Community! 

If you are placing tags on the document and they are appearing very small, this is normally caused by an uploaded PDF that was very large. 

Each document has a page size and resolution(dpi) . DocuSign maintains  the resolution and page size when uploaded into the application . If the resolution is high or the page is oversized, then fields appear very small when placed on your document.

Learn more in Issue #2 of the related post: (https://support.docusign.com/en/answers/00004168) Any Tips for Uploading Documents?

You can normally resolve by either  1. Manually Changing the size of the tag.

2. Reformatting the document

Happy DocuSigning, 

Marc 

My font size is too small. Signatures are not readable.

My font size is too small. And signatures are coming in too small.  How can I increase the size.

size of document as it loads 

My document is about a 1/4 of the size that it should be. the signature tags are also very small and not adjustable as they usually are.

the document is too small to read. The sign only works once. doc still small

the document is too small to read.  The magniification button (+) does not enlarge the document.

Please advise.

Thanks

Very Small signatures and Certification

Why  are the signatures I receive back so small they are almost illegible.  The line from DocuSign on the upper  left seems even less than a #1 font.  No one can read it.  Why

Check the scale set on the tag.  There is a slider to the right of the tag .

Also the formatting properties of the Initial tag will have a 'Scale'  0-100% for the tag.  100% will be full size.

Why has the size of the requested initials changed? I'm the sender,Now I can even read it.

The initials that I requesting can not even be seen, I'm the sender before I was able to make out the intials and signature. Now its so small I can not see it. 

Welcome to the community everyone! 

If  you have scaled the tag to the maximum size  and it is still barely visible, this may be related to the resolution and dimensions of the document you uploaded. I have merged your question with a previously answered discussion. Please view the Best Answer at the top for more background and how to fix. 

Happy DocuSIgning, Marc

my text is too small to read

my text is too small to read how do I make it bigger? The corner I dragg out and the text stays small.

Welcome to the Community, 

If  you have scaled the tag to the maximum size  and it is still barely visible, this may be related to the resolution and dimensions of the document you uploaded. I have merged your question with a previously answered discussion. Please view the Best Answer at the top for more background and how to fix. 

Happy DocuSigning, Marc  

Teensy Signature Tags

Why are the tags so small on an uploaded document, they can't be made larger.

Welcome to the Community!

Happy DocuSigning, Marc

Icon for signature and initials - how do I enlarge the icon so I get a signature that can be read?

Just recently, when I prepare a document for signature, the icon that I use to indicate where the receiver should sign is so small that the signature can't be seen. How do I change the icon and the font so that the signature can be seen?

Hi, Welcome to the DocuSign Support Community!

I have merged your question with previously answered posts. Please review the advice provided.

Thank you.Donna 

miniscule initials and signatures

recently, when placing spots for initials and signatures, the fields are very very very small

I sent to my clients anyway to see what would happen, but when I received back you can't see the initials or signatures unless you enlarge document, which makes document way oversized just to see the initials.

What is going on?

Hello, Welcome to the DocuSign Support Community!

Are you dealing with scanned documents? If so, the resolution of a scanned document will affect tag size. Here's are a few things to keep in mind for fields appearing very tiny:If you upload a scanned file to DocuSign, and your fields appear very small, then the cause is likely one of the following:

• The resolution of your uploaded file
  • The page size of your uploaded file

When you scan a document you select a resolution (in dpi) and a page size. DocuSign is maintaining the scanned resolution and page size when the system converts your scanned file to a PDF. If the resolution is high or the page is oversized, then fields appear very small when placed on your document.Try the following solutions:

1. Scan your original at a lower resolution. Generally, 200 dpi or lower should produce a manageable resolution.
  2. Check the page output size for your scan. If you can set it to 8.5x11", you should get a file that will display fields at an appropriate scale. 

If you have further questions, please let me know.

Thank you!Donna DocuSign Support Community Moderator

How to make tags larger for signer to see?

how to make directional icons larger for signer to see? They are regular sized until moved to the document, do not understand why that happens.

Thanks for help.

Hello, Welcome to the DocuSign Support community!

Helpful hints for fields/tags that appear very tiny: If you upload a scanned file to DocuSign, and your fields appear very small, then the cause is likely one of the following:

• The resolution of your uploaded file
  • The page size of your uploaded file

When you scan a document you select a resolution (in dpi) and a page size. DocuSign is maintaining the scanned resolution and page size when the system converts your scanned file to a PDF. If the resolution is high or the page is oversized, then fields appear very small when placed on your document. Try the following solutions:

1. Scan your original at a lower resolution. Generally, 200 dpi or lower should produce a manageable resolution.
  2. Check the page output size for your scan. If you can set it to 8.5x11", you should get a file that will display fields at an appropriate scale.

I hope that this is helpful. If you have further questions, please let me know.

Thank you!

Donna DocuSign Support Community Moderator

Everything is shrinking (signatures, initials) when I pull them to the document? 

All of a sudden the signautres are shrinking.everything is shrinking when I pull them over to the document...help???

Welcome to the DocuSign Support Community! 

I have merged your question with a previously answered post. Please review the answer provided to see how to possibly correct the small tag issue. 

Thank you.Donna

The font on the signature and the Text box and the date is too small - can hardly see it on the document

The font on the signature and the Text box and the date is too small - can hardly see it on the document

How do I make those bigger.  even pulling the placement field or the text box bigger leaves it still too small

I called support and they walked me through resizing the document using docupub.com

Nice - quick - easy and Free.

So Use Docupub.com and resize your document that you are signing and then the tags will be an appropriate size.

Cheers  

Welcome to the DocuSign Support Community,!

I see that you have had assistance from the Customer Service team, I have merged your query with previously answered posts. In your situation, it was the magnification of the document. Sometimes, there are other things to take into consideration and that's why I merged your question with the others.

Thank you.Donna

The tabs for initialing and signing are really tiny.

tabs are really tiny

Welcome to the DocuSign Support Community!

I have merged your post with previously answered questions about small tags. Please review the response given for guidance. 

Thank you.Donna