Skip to main content
  1. I would prefer if there was no signing order for documents. From what I can see, it seems that if you just don’t click the signing order box it’ll send the document to sign to all participants at the same time. Am I understanding correctly?
  2. I also want all the participants to be able sign on the same document. It seems as if all the participants do sign on the same document. Or does there have to be a signing order in order to all sign on the same document?

Hi MatthewDylanPienaar,

Correct, you can configure the signing order as you want. If no signing order is configured everyone will get the document for signature in parallel. Signatures will be on the same document per default, regardless of the signing order being specified or not. When you prepare the document for signature you can place the signature tags on the document and configure where each recipients needs to sign. You can see all tags on the same document and the color will highlight which recipient they belong to. Hope this helps!

There are definite benefits to setting a Signing Order, such as where a hierarchy of approval is required, Department to Vice President to President. I have found one of the downsides of no Signing Order is the inability to tell where the envelope is stuck in the envelope process and if using “Resend” then everyone in that parallel order gets a new notification who has not taken action. 

Also Signing Order can be quite flexible in that you can set several parallel orders so that two Recipients are set as “1” in the Signing Order, and another 5 Recipients can be set as “2”, making the Signing Order into groups.  There are upsides and downsides of course and use what works best for the outcome of the envelope.

Hello @MatthewDylanPienaar ,

If you found the provided response to be a useful solution to your question, could you please click the "Accept as Solution" button at the bottom of the post? It helps other community members who might have similar questions.

Best regards,

Nathaly | DocuSign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!