Skip to main content

I received a PDF document already signed by email from a third party. It contains a DocuSign Envelope ID number. How can I verify the veracity of this signature?

Hello @Luis Canani 

The Certificate of Completion (CoC) automatically incorporates this information for each envelope, bearing the same envelope ID as the signed documents. Digital electronic signatures, this information is also directly visible within the document itself upon examination of the certificate.

You can download the certificate and document to verify.

Thank you.

But I didn't receive the document via docsign. I received it via email external to the system. How do I get this information?

Thank you.

But I didn't receive the document via docsign. I received it via email external to the system. How do I get this information?

So you can ask to the sender who sends you the singed copy. you can ask for COC as it required to verify.

@Luis Canani 

When you open a DocuSign completed envelope in Adobe Reader, you can verify that the document has not been tampered with by using the signature validation feature next to the signature icon. Here’s how this process works and what it involves:

Steps to Verify a DocuSign Completed Envelope in Adobe Reader

1. Open the Document:

• Launch Adobe Reader and open the completed document.
  2. Signature Panel:

• On the right-hand side or top toolbar, you’ll see a signature icon (a pen or a ribbon). Click on this icon to open the signature panel. This may also automatically open when you open a document with signatures.
  3. Signature Details:

• Within the signature panel, you’ll find detailed information about the digital signature. Click on the signature to view the details.
  4. Validation Status:

• Adobe Reader will check the validity of the signature against the certificate authority that issued the signing certificate. You will see a message such as:
      • "Signed and all signatures are valid": This indicates that the document has not been tampered with since it was signed, and the signatures are authentic.
      • "Signature is valid, but...": This may suggest the document is valid but could have minor issues, such as untrusted certificates.
      • "Signature is invalid": This indicates the document has been altered after signing, or there’s an issue with the signature.

Hi @Luis Canani,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested? 

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!