Skip to main content

Has anyone had any issues with a signature not being visible on the signed/completed envelope document? We have an envelope that is going to an individual outside our organization; he can sign and the signature id is on the document, but not his actual signature. All other users' signatures are visible and no one else is having any issues when using the same template. Since this person is outside our organization, I have no way to know if he could have uploaded a blank signature or not. It does not seem possible to add a signature with blanks.

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to the DocuSign Community.

A blank signature can be caused by the signer choosing to draw their signature. When drawing their signature, they click on the draw box and only choose one pixel. This can happen on a computer or a mobile device. 

If the signer indeed adopted a correct and legible signature and the envelope got completed but the signature is still missing from the final copy you might want to test downloading the envelope within the Manage tab of your account and selecting the Combine all PDFs and verify the downloaded document, you can also do another test by logging into the DocuSign UI and sending a test envelope to yourself and verify the outcome. 

If the issue persists and you indeed were using the correct code and the test envelope had the same results, you might want to create a case with our Support Team to verify the information for you. To ensure that the DocuSign Support team handles your request in the most efficient manner, please include all relevant information in your support case (the complete PDF, the affected Envelope ID, and details of the affected recipient).

You might find the following information useful:

Why did I get a blank signature on this document?

How do I change my signature or adopt a custom signature?

Download or Print Documents

If you believe that you need further assistance, or require the assistance of a live agent, you can always create a Support Case to have a Support agent work with you. 

https://support.docusign.com/s/contactSupport

If you are not able to open a  Customer Support case via the above link, you can scroll  down to More Support Options and select "I can't reset my password or don't have an account." you will have the option of filling out the form or calling Support.

Please click "Select as Best" below if you found the answer to be a valid solution to your issue. 

Thank you for using DocuSign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day!

Best regards,

Rebeca | DocuSign Community Moderator