Skip to main content

having a problem with authenticating signatures on documents that are downloaded as combined PDF. When a document is downloaded as a combined PDF along with the certificate of authentification, the signatures are not recognised by Adobe Acrobat. However, when I download the same document as a seperate PDF document from the certificate of authentification, the signatures are recognised and can be authenticated by Adobe Acrobe. 

For our purposes we need to download all documents as combined PDFs and signatures must be authenticated. Please help.

Hello @EmmaC,

Thank you for reaching out here, we want to welcome you to the Docusign Community, I appreciate you bringing your question to this Community, we are committed to providing you with the best service possible. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention, I understand your signatures when the envelope is combined are not getting authenticated.

I apologize for any inconvenience this might cause you, are you getting an error message? if yes can you provide a screenshot?

Note: Some advanced features and options are supported only in specific Docusign plans. Your account plan might not support some of the options discussed in this help topic. Contact your account administrator for more information about which options are available for your account. Or, visit our Plans and Pricing web page for more details on the features included with your plan. Compare eSignature plans & pricing.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

Hi @EmmaC,

I hope you are doing well.

I want to confirm if you need further assistance, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

Hi Christopher

Thank you for your message. Yes we still need help with our issue as it has not yet been resolved (please see question abovve). Can you help?

Best regards

Emma

As I know the document should sign with DocuSign certificate after the envelope is completed whatever your select the method is separate or combined. but we find the document is not signed with DocuSign certificate when the Envelope is not completed and download it separate today. We also confuse why not sign it when download separate. And another finding is the certificate sign date is when the user download the document after the document is completed.

FreeLink
🌍 DocuSign Partner | Partner Profile
🏆 2024 APAC Reseller Growth Partner of the Year
🔧 First globally to pass DocuSign eSignature Technical Consultant certification
🚀 Expertise in DocuSign integrations with in-house systems for leading enterprises across various industries.

Feel free to reach out for collaboration opportunities.

Hi @EmmaC,

Thank you for reaching back, would it be possible for you to provide an example envelope ID?

Best regards,

Hi @EmmaC,

I hope you are doing well.

I want to confirm if you need further assistance, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,