Skip to main content

Trying to see if anything is restrictive when sending a document through docusign and they are located outside of the US and Canada.

Hi @Peter Haglund,

Welcome to the Docusign Community!

We are glad to have you here and can't wait to help share as much knowledge as possible.

I understand that you are looking to send an envelope to someone located outside of the United States, and I will provide you with the steps to set it up.

Docusign eSignature will not prevent you from sending an envelope based on your recipient’s location.

However, local legislation may vary, and you may require to meet certain standards depending on the transaction that will take place.

You can find country specific regulation as part of our Legality Guide, provided below:

eSignature Legality Guide

Also, please take into consideration that it is not allowed sharing full names in the community, as this breaks our Community Code of conduct.

You can find more details on our Community Code of Conduct, here: https://community.docusign.com/site/terms

Taking this into consideration, we would really appreciate it if you could take into consideration changing your user name to something other than your full name.

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this. 

Thank you for using Docusign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day! 

Best regards,

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator  

Please click "Best Answer" below if you find my reply to be a valid solution to your issue!

Hi @Peter Haglund,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested? 

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!