Skip to main content

I need to send a document to one party to complete certain form fields (but not sign), then route to two parties to sign. Can I do this?

Hello, @Charles Reiling 

You are very welcome to the Docusign Community!

Yes, you can.

In the envelope set a Signing Order. Add the recipient who will fill up the form field as the first. Then add the other two recipients in the order that you wish. Remember to do not add any Sign here field to the first recipient so he/she will only fill in the field then click in Finish. 

Let me know if I answered your question.

Best,

Alexandre 

Hello @Charles Reiling ,

If you found the provided response to be a useful solution to your question, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

Hello, need some help. We’re sending a contract to a company for signature. The person who is to receive it is NOT the person signing it. We’ve been told it has to go to this person to hand and review with the company CFO. Not sure how to do this. The file won’t send if I leave the name blank.

Thanks.

Hello @MJ17 ,

Welcome to the Docusign Community and thank you for posting your concerns!

I understand you are looking for a way to send a document for a person to review and then have it signed by another person, is that correct?

There is an option called “Needs to view”, this will require the recipient to view the document but not to sign it, if there is a signing order the document will not continue to the actual signer until the reviewer closes the document: 

Regarding the “The file won’t send if I leave the name blank” previously mentioned, does the signer need to specify who the reviewer is or does the reviewer need to specify the signer?

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Hello @MJ17 ,

Are you able to provide the information that I previously requested? If so, please do so in a reply to this question so that I am able to further assist you with your issue.

Best regards,