Skip to main content

Is it possible to electronically re-sign a document already signed electronically by a tool different from Docusign ?

Sure that's no differnet than uploading a document that hasn't been signed. The previous signature will still APPEAR on the document, but DocuSign won't validate that signature, only those signatures added through the DocuSign process. So if the document is legally challenged later DocuSign will only defend those signatures it obtained and not the ones obtained previously.

Hope this helps.

Thank you very much for that answer that I think is clear. Do I understand that it is possible to re-sign with Docusign a document already signed by Docusign?

If you resend something that was previously signed by DocuSign you'll need to keep both versions in the event of legal challenge. The originally completed one as well as the one that was resent afterward. Each individual completion will only show the valid signatures from that signing path. So on the resent document DocuSign will only show as valid the most recent signatures, but the orignal document will show them as valid. Hope that's clear.

Hope this helps.

Perfect, it's good for me. Thank you and good luck.