Skip to main content

I received a copy of a contract I allegedly signed during an in home session hosted by a third party. Should this contract have the DocuSign envelope ID on the top of the contract? Also, where the signature is showing on the signature page of the contract, should an indicator exists with DocuSigned by: or some variation?

The answer is "Yes" to both questions by default. What I mean is that typically the Envelope ID resides in the top left corner and there is a DocuSigned by enclosing the Signature under default situations. But these can be turned off or removed based on settings in the account. I noticed this contract was date over 2 years ago so my information may be dated based on changes that occurred between that contract and current DocuSign functionality. I just ran a test and again I have both Envelope ID and the DocuSigned bracket enabled so I see both. Also when I did an in-person it asked me to add an email address to get the final copy of the document sent to that email. So in the end the envelope id and bracket could be removed or disabled. I suggest demanding to see the Envelope History and Certificate to get more details on the transaction. These would show more detail specifically the envelope id and other transaction information.

Changed default settings is my guess. Also, never received notification when envelope was completed.​ I have both documents, will attempt to attach.

Does the box around my signature on the soft copy indicate my signature was drawed and applied?​

Certificate​

History​

I haven't seen any type of box around the signature unless it was the "DocuSigned by" brackets, but the original shows the exact same signature without the darkened signature. When I did an in-person session it asked me to input my email address to get a copy but as mentioned not sure when that feature was added. Not sure what else I can add, but if this is a dispute around validity you may need to involve DocuSign Support.

I did a print screen of darkened area, darkened area appeared when I was clicking on document (soft copy) to see if my signature may have been adopted and then applied. ​

I see, so sounds like this was applied by the program you used to open the PDF like Adobe Reader or Pro. I could not say whether this indicates any type of manipulation of the signature. My opinion is that it does not indicate anything other that a border where the data applies.

I'm going to execute some test cases, adopted vs signed signature to see variations.​