Skip to main content

Hi, 

I´ve a particular situation that initially was not contemplated by the company in the platform´s workflow. 

The situation is the next: I have an envelope that contains a contract that needs to be signed by a company’s intern and two external recipients. The issue (or at least the confusing part) here is that we do not count with these two external emails, so what we thought could be a proper solution for this was to send the envelope to our client’s contact, which is someone in the administration department for their company, but she’s not one to sign anything within that envelope, we just need this person to forward the envelope to the 2 external recipients. Though the option “specify recipients” seems to be what suits best for this situation, the platform keeps displaying an error message saying “Account does not have permission to send to Agent recipient type” and that “There was an error saving one of your recipients. Please try again.”

Hi @Libro Salgado,

Welcome to the DocuSign Community!

We are glad to have you here and can't wait to help share as much knowledge as possible.

I am sorry to hear that you haven’t been able to use the Specify Recipients action in your envelope, but I will help get to the bottom of the issue.

The error you reference is triggered whenever a user in an account without access to this feature attempts to send an envelope that includes a Manager Recipient type, such as Specify Recipient, or Allow to Edit.

Manager Recipient types are incompatible with most of our commercial (web) plans, and will only be included by default in our Enterprise pro plan, or equivalent.

For more details on what features are included in our web plans, see:

Plans and Pricing

If this feature should be included in your account, as per your contract, our support team can help enable it as soon as possible

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this. 

Thank you for using DocuSign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day! 

Best regards,

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator  

Please click "Best Answer" below if you find my reply to be a valid solution to your issue!

Hello @Libro Salgado,

I would agree the “Specify Recipients” role is the most appropriate for your scenario. It was originally designed to cater for real estate use cases. If you are able to create a template with that recipient type, I’m confused how that error would get triggered. If you setup your template or envelope like the below example and still receive the error, I would recommend reaching out to support for further troubleshooting.

Check Settings > Sending Settings > Recipient Roles. Is it enabled for your account?

Are the recipients in your template configured like the template below?:

This example worked for me and after opening from the email notification, my Specify Recipients role sees the following:

Hi @Libro Salgado,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested? 

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!