Skip to main content

We have departments that use “generic” user accounts so that all sent envelopes are contained in one account and we use a powerform so that the “sender” is consistent.  When we turn on MFA, how can multiple users of the generic account set up a secondary authentication?  The only thing we have come up with so far is to be sure that our generic departments have an alias on the email that we are using for the DocuSign account.  Does anyone have a better way to resolve this?  Obviously they would not be able to use one specific email or phone number as different users have access to the generic account.

The other thing is a suggestion to only use “shared with me” when trying to access items in that generic account.  I am not sure if they would lose any envelope functionality if they only use “shared with me” rather than logging into the generic account.  This needs to be reviewed.

Thank you for any insight.

Susan

Hello @srlee , 

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience that this might cause you, I understand that want to know if there is an option to Multi Factor Authentication Transition with Generic Accounts.

There is an option in the Share Access with Other Users feature that allows to send on behalf of hUser Name]: In addition to the manage and edit permissions, allows the selected user to send envelopes, edit drafts, resend, void, and correct in addition to managing on the user's behalf.

The option to Set Up Two Step Verification is not intended for multiple access to a single account for multiple people.

However, any feedback that can improve our users’ experience is always more than welcome. 

If you’re a DocuSign Administrator for a corporate plan, you have the additional option of filing your request directly when you’re logged into your account. You’ll be able to click the “Give Feedback” button at the bottom of the screen to submit your idea.

Note: Some advanced features and options are supported only in specific DocuSign plans. Your account plan might not support some options discussed in this help topic. Contact your account administrator for more information about which options are available for your account. Or, visit our Plans and Pricing web page for more details on the features included with your plan. Compare eSignature plans & pricing.

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

Hi Susan,

Since MFA is intended to prove the identity of the individual logging in to the system, it really isn’t intended for multiple people to be able to log in as the same “generic” user.

There is an Envelope Custody Transfer Rules feature available (not included in all DocuSign plans) that allows each individual to log in as themself to send envelopes, but have those sent envelopes transfer ownership automatically to the “generic” user immediately upon sending. This way multiple people on a team can log in with MFA and send envelopes but all the envelopes end up under a single user. The team members would also need to be given shared access to view and manage those envelopes once they transfer to the “generic” user. Be aware that this means ALL envelopes these users send will be transferred to the “generic” account.

Let me know if you need further details about this.

Regards,
Michael Levy

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer solves your issue.

Hi @srlee,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested or if the information that was provided was useful.

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.