Skip to main content

Can the business located in Turkey use Docusign legally? Is Docusign legal in Turkey? If it is not, is there any plan or situation to make the Docusign legal in Turkey?

Hello, @aysbuse 

You are very welcome to the Docusign Community!

Yes, it is.

See details in this article: https://www.docusign.com/products/electronic-signature/legality/turkey

Let me know if I answered your question.

Best,

Alexandre

Hi! Docusign covers a wide range of offerings under the Intelligent Agreement Management (IAM) category, but I am assuming here that you are asking about electronic signature and the legality of it in Turkey. If so, yes, Docusign eSignature is legal and can be used for electronic signatures in Turkey, with some limitations. Here are the key points:

Docusign’s electronic signatures are considered valid and legally binding in Turkey under the Electronic Signature Law No. 5070.  This law recognizes secure electronic signatures as having the same legal effect as handwritten signatures. However, there are certain exceptions where electronic signatures cannot be used, as outlined in Article 5 of the E-Signature Law: 

• Documents and contracts subject to specific form or procedural requirements (e.g. wills, marriage contracts)
  • Security agreements, except bank guarantees
  • Commercial deeds like bills of exchange, bonds, checks, warrants, commercial bills
  • Transactions that require an "official form" before an authority like a notary public

For cases allowed by law, Docusign’s electronic signatures created with a qualified electronic certificate from an authorized Turkish provider would be considered secure electronic signatures and legally valid. Docusign supports integration with Turkish certificate authorities. So in summary, while Docusign’s e-signatures are generally legal in Turkey, there are certain document types where handwritten signatures are still required by law. Businesses should review the exceptions carefully. 

Hello @aysbuse ,

If you found the provided response to be a useful solution to your question, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!