Skip to main content

I was sent a document from a third party that contains two signatures, supposedly signed by DocuSign (there is a DocuSign Doc ID number, though the signatures do not include the DocuSign brackets). Adobe Acrobat is saying that at least one of the signatures is invalid. Is there a way i can lookup the Doc ID number and obtain the Certificate of Completion (or at least some details) about the transaction? Going back to the party that sent it to us is problematic, so I would like to try to find out as much about this transaction as I can before doing that.

Thanks,

Teri

Hello @Teri.Maier ,

Thank you for reaching out here in the Docusign Community.

I’m sorry to hear that the envelope is looking kind of weird, I understand you would like to lookup some information on the envelope to confirm it's validity.

You can create a case requesting information regarding the envelope ID you mention, if it is accurate it should appear in our system with the correct information of the signees. If it does show the right information, please contact the sender to get the certificate of completion so that the Adobe platform can validate it: https://support.docusign.com/en/contactSupport

Please view the below articles for more information: 

If after doing the above troubleshooting the document is not showing valid, it could have been corrupted and a new one has to be downloaded and provided to you from the sender.

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

Hello @Teri.Maier ,

If you found my response to be a useful solution to your question, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!