Skip to main content
Is it possible to have two signers sign one document (this is for my preschool, I'd like both parents to sign the same document) Thanks

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.  

I understand that you are looking to confirm the available options to have 2 signers share the same email address in your signing order, and I'll gladly help clarify the topic for you.

You are able to add 2 signers with the same email address as part of your recipient's list as long as these do not share the same name as well.

In the case that you might need to add the same name and email combination twice, you would need to enable a signing order for the envelope and assign different positions to each of them.

Also, in rare scenarios, the first option might fail. In this case, I would suggest enabling a signing order and assigning the recipients different positions in it.

For more details on these topics, see:

Add multiple recipients with the same email address

Fields and Properties

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this. 

Thank you for using DocuSign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day! 

Best regards, 

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator 

"Select as Bestbelow if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue! 

I am realizing I just need to send the document to both recipients.

Hi,

Thank you for following up.

That is correct, the eSignature application should support this behavior by default.

In the rare case that you might face a malfunction, the easiest way to address it would be by enabling a Singing Order for the envelope.

Please don't hesitate in letting me know if you have any other questions or concerns and I will address them as soon as possible. 

Best regards, 

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator 

"Select as Bestbelow if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!