Skip to main content

Hi,

is the validity of the digital signatures effected or becomes invalid if each party to a contract takes care only for collecting its own signatures via independent docusign processes?   E.g.:

1. Party A internally signs contract via docusign
  2. After completion Party A sends the contract via (regular) email to Party B
  3. Party B starts a new docusign process with its own account to collect its internal signatures
  4. Party B sends “completely” signed contract back to Party A via (regular) email.

Hello @Pintel,

Thank you for reaching out here, we want to welcome you to the Docusign Community, I appreciate you bringing your question to this Community.

I apologize for any inconvenience this might cause you, we are committed to providing you with the best service possible. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention, Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention, I understand that you want to know if each party to a contract may sign the document with its own Docusign process.

It is possible to do the signing flow that you intended to do, however, we cannot provide you any legal advice regarding the signature validity, the information on this site is for general information purposes only and is not intended to serve as legal advice.

Laws governing the subject matter may change quickly, so Docusign cannot guarantee that all the information on this site is current or correct. Should you have specific legal questions about any of the information on this site, you should consult with a licensed attorney in your area.

Note: Some advanced features and options are supported only in specific Docusign plans. Your account plan might not support some options discussed in this help topic. Contact your account administrator for more information about which options are available for your account. Or, visit our Plans and Pricing web page for more details on the features included with your plan. Compare eSignature plans & pricing.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

Hi Christopher,

Thank you for your quick respond. Maybe the question was wrong. The question was not about the legal validity. I want to understand if the Docusign seal of Party A gets broken/void if Party B is using the already signed document from Party A to have such document signed via Docusign, too.

Hope this clarifies my question.

Best regards,

Pintel

Hello @Pintel,

Thank you for reaching back, to clarify, when Party A signs the document are they the only recipient in the Docusign signing flow?

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

Hi @Pintel,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you need further assistance, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Thank you for reaching back, to clarify, when Party A signs the document are they the only recipient in the Docusign signing flow?

Hi Christopher,

Yes, that is the question. Party A takes care only for its own signatures and do not consider (/cares) that Party B also needs to sign. Thus, after Party A completed the signature workflow it sends the document via regular email to Party B asking Party B to sign.

Regards,

Pintel

Hi @Pintel,

Yes, they can use their own signature process, however the certificate of completion of Docusign will only include the initial signature. In regards of the legal side, the information on this site is for general information purposes only and is not intended to serve as legal advice. Laws governing the subject matter may change quickly, so Docusign cannot guarantee that all the information on this site is current or correct. Should you have specific legal questions about any of the information on this site, you should consult with a licensed attorney in your area.

Best regards,

Hi @Pintel,

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested or if the information that was provided was useful. If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find. Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.