Skip to main content
I'm trying to solve for the Conditional Logic if a Name is entered, then either SSN or DOB are required but not both and still allow both to be entered. Is there a way do this? Thank you!

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience, I understand that you want to set a Conditional Logic if a Name is entered, then either SSN or DOB are required but not both.

Could you provide more information about the use case?

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

In the template, it is currently set up to for the signor input a beneficiary name with conditional logic that the relationship and percentage fields are required. I need to add another requirement if the beneficiary name is entered, it is a requirement the signor enters at least one (SSN or DOB) and can enter both. My question is really around the OR component where both are not required. Does that help?

Hello,

Thank you for the information, for this a potential workaround would be the use of radio buttons, so when any text is input on the text field for the name, a conditional field will trigger to show the radio buttons with the options SSN/DOB or the option SSN or DOB.

Conditional Fields.

If you need hands-on assistance, you can create a case with DocuSign Support.

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

Thank you!

That worked using "white" colored font so the signer doesn't see the radio buttons. I built the conditional logic for each radio button to their respective DOB or SSN. Thank you!