Skip to main content

I have a document to sign, but getting message that I need to active my account. I have been signing documenst before but never encounter this

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.

We apologize for the inconvenience, I understand you are getting an error when attempting to sign documents.

To be able to provide you with an accurate answer, can you provide the exact error you are getting?

If the sending account has 21 CFR Part 11 compliance enabled in their account, then you as a recipient are required to have a DocuSign account (this could be a free account), please reach out to the sender to confirm this: https://support.docusign.com/s/document-item?language=en_US&bundleId=tja1628891649386&topicId=dgf1583277465613.html&_LANG=enus

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

I am getting this message, very frustrating . I have been signing all times before

Account Activation Required
Your account is not yet activated. Please check your email for an Account Activation message. Once you activate your account, you can review and sign your documents.
For assistance, please visit our Support Center.
Not clear what I need to do

Hello,

Thank you for reaching back.

Accounts that have 21 CFR Part 11 enabled require their recipients to have an active account (not all accounts have that and therefore do not require the recipient to have an active account). However, if you have an account and it is requesting you to log in but you get an error it could be that the envelope is being redirected to an account that is not active.

For the First case, recommend contacting the sender of the envelope.

For the second one, I recommend contacting Customer Support using the following link: https://support.docusign.com/en/contactSupport 

If you’re not able to open a Customer Support case via the above link, you can scroll down the page to “More Support Options” and select "I can't reset my password or don't have an account." You will have different options to contact Support.

Best regards,

Hello,

Could you please explain this in more detail? I have sent many Documents out of DocuSign, doesn't this mean I have an active account in DocuSign?

Yesterday (30th Aug.) I have sent another Document to be signed by 2 external and 2 internal signees. One of the external was not able to open the document so I asked the DocuSign Support for help. The support team sent me a link for the activation of my account in DocuSign. In the meantime, the external signee could open the document and signed.

After this, the document was directed to me and I also was able to sign. Now our Head QU received the link to sign in DocuSign but is not able to open, he receives an error message. What should he do?

This morning I have followed the instructions of the support team and activated my account in DocuSign, but I don't know why...

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.

Sure, you are right, to be able to send an envelope you require an account, and signing an envelope doesn't usually require one, there are some instances when having an account to sign is required for example, when the account has 21 CFR Part 11 enabled (to be compliant you need to have a DocuSign account to authenticate) or when the account requires the recipient to log in: https://support.docusign.com/s/document-item?language=en_US&bundleId=pik1583277475390&topicId=muh1583277327950.html&_LANG=enus

Can you provide the exact error they are getting?

Best regards,