Skip to main content

My name is Carol Jean.  I just signed up for DocuSign and created my login to DocuSign.  I’ve tried to follow the directions for signing a document and official letter. but still cannot do it.  I’m hoping we  can grow to do it together.  Can you possibly help me?

Thank you.

I need to sign a document and professional letter with my signature.  How do I do this with DocuSign?  This is my first time using it and need to know step by step How this is done. Could I change each to a PDF document and save it and then send It.

The only details I have are in the two letters I already sent.  What further details do you need to know?

Hello @Caroljean1941,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community, and welcome to DocuSign.

I understand you are looking for a step by step on how to sign a document.

Sure, first you would need to create your signature, to do so, please go to:

1. Profile picture/initials on the top right
  2. Manage Profile and select Signatures
  3. Select the “Add New” option: How do I change my signature or adopt a custom signature?

To actually sign a document, you would need to either receive one from an outside source or send the document to yourself: The Signing Experience

To send a document to yourself, click Manage > New > Send an Envelope, upload the needed document and add yourself as a recipient, click next so that you can add the actual fields to document and send. You should receive an email notification, all you have to do is click on the button “Review” and sign. Note: when you’re done signing, don’t forget to select Finish.

If you don’t see the Send an Envelope option, this could be due to several reasons, which are listed below:

• The DocuSign Admin at your company neglected to add the permission to send documents to your User Profile. If that’s the case, you’ll need to contact the DocuSign Admin to get your user permissions updated.  

• You’re logged into the wrong account. Please confirm that you are logging into the correct account with the proper email address and password. 

• Some accounts are configured for users to utilize templates to send envelopes. If that’s the case, you will need to contact the DocuSign Admin at your company to review your User Profile settings.  

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | DocuSign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

Hello @Caroljean1941 ,

If you found my response to be a useful solution to your question, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Best regards,

Nathaly | DocuSign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!