Skip to main content

Hello, Please I received an email requesting that I sign a document using DocuSign.

Kindly advise on how I can open this document on DocuSign account that I have created? 

Thanks. 

@Theo.Ume 

If the DocuSign account existed with the same email address, the envelope is automatically stored in there. It sounds like you created the account after you received the document for signature. Therefore, it is not visible in your DocuSign account, but all future envelopes you will receive will be visible in the account. You can only access that specific envelope via the personal link that is included in the DocuSign notification.

If you would have signed the document, and you would not have an account yet, DocuSign proposes to open a free account and it would have stored the document in that newly created account as well. 

Thanks.

You are correct in stating that since I had no DocuSign account before receiving this email, the document sent to me for signing using DocuSign does not appear at all in my new free DocuSign account. 

Is there anything the sender can do to ensure that this document enters my DocuSign account?

Thanks a million for your timely response but I am yet to sign the document!

@Theo.Ume 

No, there is nothing the sender can do that this document enters your DocuSign account. As the account did not exist when it completed, it is a standalone document, which can only be accessed via the email link. 

Unfortunately, there is no option to add this document to your DocuSign account.

Hello @Theo.Ume ,

If you found the provided response to be a useful solution to your question, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Best regards,

Nathaly | DocuSign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!