Skip to main content

Someone is sending me a document to sign, but it opens in my phone (illegible) instead of on my MAC laptop. How do it get it to stay on my laptop. I get the message directly on my email that I opened on my laptop.

thank you.

Hello @jdfood

Thank you for reaching out here, we want to welcome you to the Docusign Community, I appreciate you bringing your question to this Community.

I apologize for any inconvenience that this might cause you, we are committed to providing you with the best service possible. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention, I understand that you are receiving a document to sign, but it keeps opening on your phone instead of your MAC laptop, which is your preferred way to view it, and you want to know how can you ensure it opens and stays on your laptop.

To ensure the document opens on your MAC laptop, you can try accessing your Docusign account directly from your laptop's web browser if you have one, you will need to sign in to your Docusign account and locate the document waiting for your signature. From there, you should be able to view and sign the document directly on your laptop without it opening on your phone. 

Also to clarify,  when the envelope is open on you phone, are you using the iOS App or the Docusign Web App?

Note: Some advanced features and options are supported only in specific Docusign plans. Your account plan might not support some options discussed in this help topic. Contact your account administrator for more information about which options are available for your account. Or, visit our Plans and Pricing web page for more details on the features included with your plan. Compare eSignature plans & pricing.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

thank you.  I was opening from email account on my laptop. But when opening the attachment, it jumped over to my iPhone. Yes, apparently I had the DocSign app on my iPhone

so you’re saying that next time, I should go to your website first, and look for the current message, and open it from there?

Hello @jdfood

Thank you for reaching back, yes I would recommend opening the envelope on the website first, and also I recommend reviewing the configuration that you have between your devices to confirm what is the setting that makes the envelope be opened  on your mobile device when you access it through the email notification, because currently, there is no setting in Docusign that grants that function.

Best regards,

i don’t know where to start with that reply. I’ll just find a different way to sign the legal documents

Hello @jdfood

I would like to apologize if the response was not appropriate, let me know if a clarification is needed.

Best regards,

Hi @jdfood,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you need further assistance, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

I had received a docusign paper to sign, but when I tried opening it on my Mac Laptop, it dinged and opened on my iPhone. Yes, on a docusign app on my phone (I don’t remember when I installed that app).

I couldn’t read the lengthy document, nor sign on the iPhone.

We took care of business another way, but the same people will be sending me documents to sign a few times this year.

What is my option? Is it possible to download something on my Mac, or work online to do what is necessary to read and sign on my Mac?  Thank you.  No, I don’t have any plans to send stuff to others to be signed.

@jdfood 

You could try uninstalling the app on your phone. Or checking the settings in the app to see why clicking on the link opens the message on the phone. Or going to the DocuSign website (rather than clicking on the link) to sign. Or copying the link and pasting it into a web browser to access the envelope.

good luck

mr1

thank you. I’ll try all those next time 

have a great day!