Skip to main content

Hello, 

I’m new to docusign and really like it so far.  Situation: I sent 2 documents for signature in an envelope to 2 signatories.  Both documents required 1 signature from each person.  Only one document came back signed even though the status said that the envelope is complete. 

Question: What should I have done differently or did I miss before sending the documents to make the 2 documents ‘must sign’ for the signatories?

Thank you for your time.  Really appreciate it.

S

Hi Slavoie, 

This might sound really basic but… did you check you had definitely added signature fields to the 2nd document? 

You need to add required fields to each separate document in a Docusign envelope. 

If you set up the recipients/signatories with ‘Must sign’ as their signing action, that’s perfect...but you also need to set up the Signature (or any other signing) fields on each agreement/contract inside the envelope. 

Hope that helps! I always find that an answer emerges whenever I raise my hand and ask the question - so well done for putting this question out there.

Best, best with Docusign as you continue to use it and learn.

Hi, Thank you for taking time.  That’s likely what I didn’t do.  Learning every day! 

Have a wonderful day.

S