Skip to main content
How do I set a person as an Optional signer if Needs to sign is checked?

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience, I understand that you want to know how do you set a person as an Optional signer if Needs to sign is checked.

To confirm, do this recipient needs to view the envelope? Or will it depend on the contents of the envelope?

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

I have (2) people that need to view and both need to be optional signers meaning if (1) signs the other doesn't need to but if they are both tagged as NEEDS to sign, it will hold of completion. What would you recommend?

Thanks!!

Hello,

Thank you for the information.

We have the option of Signing Groups(https://support.docusign.com/s/document-item?bundleId=gav1643676262430&topicId=zgn1578456447934.html&_LANG=enus) Signing Groups enable you to send an envelope to a predefined group of recipients and have any one member of the group sign your documents. When you send an envelope to a Signing Group, anyone in the group can open it and sign it with their own signature.

Another option would be to set up a Radio Button with a conditional field that when checked by the recipient if there is another signature on the envelope will remove the signature field and allow the envelope to be completed.

https://support.docusign.com/s/articles/How-to-set-a-conditional-field-based-on-the-response-to-one-or-more-radio-button-groups

Note: Some advanced features and options are supported only in certain DocuSign plans. Your account plan might not support some options discussed in this help topic. For more information about which options are available for your account, contact your account administrator. Or, visit our Plans and Pricing web page for more details on the features included with your plan.

Compare eSignature plans & pricing

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.