Skip to main content

I am trying to add another signature after the original was final.  Is this possible?

Hi After the envelope has reached a "terminal" status (Completed, Declined, Voided, etc.), you cannot make additional changes to the document(s) in the envelope. You could download the completed/signed document, upload it to a new envelope, tag it for the additional signer(s) and send. This new envelope will have its own Certificate of Completion and History for the newly added signer(s). The new envelope is a separate transaction from the first one; that's something you'll want to take into consideration from a document management and legal point of view.  It may be easier to start over with all the proper signers if the signature being left off the original was a one-time oversight. 

If the document is not in a terminal status (Delivered, Waiting on Others, etc.), use the "(https://support.docusign.com/en/guides/ndse-user-guide-correct-documents) Correct " feature. This way you can make changes to the doc and/or the recipients all in the same transaction.

(https://support.docusign.com/en/guides/ndse-user-guide-document-status) Envelope Status  Guide

what if not "terminal" and still an active document: I add the signer, but then I can't get to the document to add his name/signature instruction to the actual document...

Hi​. Good question! I just ran a test of what you described as what you need to accomplish:

I went into my Manage Tab and selected "Correct" from the drop-down of an in-progress/active document. Once the envelope was opened in Correct mode, I clicked "Add Recipient" and added a second recipient's Name and email. Then I clicked "Next" on the top right-hand side of the screen. This led me to the document so I could tag is for my new recipient. I selected the drop-down on the top left-hand side in order to select my newly added recipient (see attachment). From there I was able to tag the document for that recipient and send. If you followed similar steps, are you saying you still are not allowed to add tags for a newly added recipient? Thanks again.

​I have the same issue as Ron above. I have added as you suggest and then added a Full Name and Initial and I receive the following: "The recipient could not be updated. Recipient not in state that allows correction."