Skip to main content

I cannot add multiple recipients in cc to a template.

I have created a templated which includes distribution to 3 different people.

Person 1. The person from whom I need the signature.  This person has been set to “Needs to sign”.

Person 2. The name of the first person who needs to see the signed-off document.  This person has been set to “receives a copy”.

Person 3. The name of the second person who needs to see the signed-off document.  This person has been set to “receives a copy”.

I have also told Docusign the order in which people are “to sign”, with Person 1 set as “1” and Person 2 and Person 3 set as “2”.

When I enter the name of Person 3, Docusign overwrites the name of Person 2, with the name of Person 3.  I therefore end up with 2 x Person 3s in the signing chain!

When I update Person 2 back to the correct name, docusign overwrites Person 3’s name and I end up with 2 x Person 2s!

As you can see above…. Docusign will not let me have two different cc’s as shown in the recipient 2 line.

🤯 - How do I get Docusign to understand it needs to send the “cc receives a copy” to two different people?

Hello @Stubbsy747 ,

Welcome to the Docusign Community and thank you for posting your concerns!

I’m sorry to hear that the CC on your template is not working as expected, I understand that when entering the information for Person 3 it overwrites the name of Person 2.

By any chance, is the Person 2 and Person 3 role the same? If so, I recommend you change that to include a number, for example: CC recipient 1 and CC recipient 2.

Links that might be helpful:

To create a template

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

@nathaly.monge, you are an absolute LEGEND Nathaly, THANK YOU!

Yes I had Person 2 and Person 3’s role defined as “Admin”.

As soon as I changed their roles to “Admin 1” and “Admin 2”, Docusign enabled me to save them as two different contacts…. YAY!

I wish the Docusign Support could have just told me this via email vs. trying to arrange a call for two days and we still have not yet been able to connect.  Even better…. if the Docusign UX team can stop users from using the same role name on two different recipients / highlight the error in a pop up so the user can easily identify what is wrong and fit is.  Hopefully one of their UX team will see this post.

Thanks again @nathaly.monge, you have solved a very frustrating issue at my end 😀.

Hello @Stubbsy747 ,

Thank you for reaching back.

I’m glad to hear that I was of any help and that your issue has been resolved. I’m very sorry about your unfortunate experience with Customer Support.

Regarding your idea of giving an error when adding the same role, we invite you to share your product suggestions and feature requests on our dedicated ideas page (https://community.docusign.com/ideas), where we can collaborate to shape the future of our product together.

I hope you have a great day!

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!