Skip to main content
How do I edit a signed document?

If you are the Sender (or a Recipient set to Allow to Edit) you can Correct and envelope. However, depending on what action has been taken decides what can be corrected in the envelope. If the envelope has been "completed" by all Recipients then you cannot "Correct" anything in the envelope. If for example one Recipient out of three has completed their action then you can "Correct" the envelope and add new Recipients, or remove Recipient 2 or 3 or change email subject and body for Recipient 2 and 3.

Can you provide more details on the specific envelope status and what you are looking to correct or change?

Yes, I can provide more details. I am the sender (and the developer of the document) and want to change a number and have it initialled by the other party--to create a trail--of the original number and revised number.

Typically in a scenario where you are the Sender and the Recipient has already signed a document and completed their portion of the envelope, unless the field in question is "collaborative" or their is another Recipient still waiting to take action and can use the Collaboration or Markup feature, then you will not be able to modify the field information. Basically, I suggest using "collaborate" for the field in question for future envelopes and therefore any changes made to a field by Recipients would require an "initial" next to the field from previous Recipients (who already signed). So this requires some changes to the envelope design and workflow for future envelopes. Here is some additional information on the collaborate feature...

https://support.docusign.com/en/guides/ndse-user-guide-collaborative-fields

This is helpful. Thanks.