Skip to main content
How do I create power forms using a PDF original source? Not really sure it should even be a power form. I need info regarding that product please.

Powerforms are just Templates that are converted into a URL link hosted by DocuSign so they can be added to a website. First, you need to verify you have that feature enabled based on your DocuSign plan. Next step is to create a Template, once the Template is created you can choose to "Create Powerform" from the dropdown next to the Template. I suggest starting with this DocuSign article...https://support.docusign.com/en/guides/ndse-user-guide-create-a-powerform

thank you for that VERY detailed and EXCELLENT explanation as to what Powerforms are. You helped me and saved me time.

Always happy to help.

Hi – Another question for you. Can you tell me how to attach a PDF with a drop down bar into Docusign so it works? I test my PDF before attaching to Docusign and it works perfectly but as soon as I attach it – it stops working properly. Please provide any feedback- I’m desperate. Thank you - Kelly Winn Assistant to Michael Sher & Jonathan Sher ncid:SherGelb_c5bc34b0-4a0a-479a-a5bc-c74d7bfefb74.JPG] 15060 Ventura Blvd. Suite 300 Sherman Oaks, CA 91403 T: (818) 783-6028 EXT: 221 F: (818) 783-1031 Website: www.SherGelb.com

So let me clarify, you create a PDF that already has an existing dropdown field? Then you attach that PDF to a Template. If this is the situation then the dropdown that was created using AdobeDC Pro or whatever tool will not work. When you upload to a Template it would keep text and possibly text entered in a field based on the selection to keep PDF data but the dropdown would not work. I guess my question is, if you are using this to create a Template why aren't you using the DocuSign dropdown field?

YES!! You are 100% correct. Te reason I did not use the drop down field in Docusign is because this is a document we are going o be sending to over 100 people and I need to create a drop down bar with 4 different choices. If there is a way to do this through Docusign I would love to know how to do it. Thank you

So this is going to be a bulk send? Even in the case of a Bulk Send you create the Template and then upload a Bulk Recipient List but you still tag the document with fields that you want each Recipient to fill out. Therefore when tagging the document associated to the Template just use the Dropdown field and add you four choices. After sending each Recipient will see the dropdown field and be able to choose from the four options.

OK - sorry but i'm lost - please explain from the beginning. I have a PDF document already formatted but I see that you can't upload a PDF as a template. I see there are a few options that are allowed and they are xml, json or zip. I tried to zip my PDF but it would not upload. I'm so lost!!!

You shouldn't be using Upload Template (that is used to transfer Templates between environments such as Sandbox to Production). You should be using Create Template, you then upload the PDF document using the upload button, then you add Recipients (placeholders), edit the email subject and body, then go to Next and add Tags, including the one for a dropdown etc.

Once again thank you David your advice was spot on and I was able to create my document with drop down bars in Docusign. I came off looking like a PRO!!! I would recommend this help to anyone struggle with Docuisgn!!! Thank you.

Great success story, I am always glad to help where I can.