Skip to main content

Hi I have a use-case where i developed a template for a certain business unit in our organization but everytime the template is used the mails are sent with my email instead of the teams' email. 

Hi

You will need to either sign in as that user to send the envelope or if your account has the facility to do what is called Envelope Custody Transfer where you can send the envelope as another user on the account if it matches the criteria.

https://support.docusign.com/s/document-item?language=en_US&rsc_301&bundleId=pik1583277475390&topicId=xqx1583277378404.html&_LANG=enus

Regards

Robert

Check out my bio for contact details.

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.

Thank you Robert for the information provided.

Another option if feasible for you would be the use of the Custom Email Domain, By default, when a notification email is sent to a recipient, it is sent from the appropriate DocuSign server email address, for example, dse@docusign.net or dse-demo@docusign.net. With a custom email domain (CED), all outbound emails can be updated to show a customized name and email address. This allows organizations to maintain trust by sending emails from their verified email domains.

You will need to have a DocuSign Organization created and linked to your account to use this feature.

More information at Customize DocuSign Notification Emails for Accounts with Custom Email Domains

Note: Some advanced features and options are supported only in certain DocuSign plans. Your account plan might not support some options discussed in this help topic. For more information about which options are available for your account, contact your account administrator. Or, visit our Plans and Pricing web page for more details on the features included with your plan.

Compare eSignature plans & pricing

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

Hi, Thanks for the feedback. I have tested the recommendation but docusign allows custody transfer from [Groups/Users] to [User] not the other way round. I need to transfer custody from me to a team during before the envelope is sent out.

Another factor is, the custody rules are a bit rigid. I need to create different rules for different. templates and business units but for now it only supports user to user.

​ thanks for the suggestion, i am in the process of creating the subdomain, will this have a licensing cost tied to it or it is a free service included in my license

Hi

Another potential way is to look at Powerforms. You can control the sender of the envelope so it may be a solution.

So Form1 is sent by Sender1 , Form2 is sent by Sender2.

It would take a small bit of work to set this up to ensure it all works, I would suggest you look at getting a demo account to test this out.

Robert.

Hello,

I apologize but I do not have the access to your account plan, you will need to create a case with DocuSign Support to confirm the information.

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.