Skip to main content

Hello,

Envelope needs signature by outside vendor, internal departments, and finally signed by appropriate CP level.  Would both signatories and recipients who needed to approve along the way, receive a copy of the fully executed document or would it only be the sender, and outside and internal signatories? 

Also, re comments, I’d like to avoid internal comments, if any, to not go to the outside vendor when document is executed. What is the process to avoid that happening?

Thanks 

@KMancini Any envelope Recipient who is set to “Needs to Sign”, “Needs to View” or “Receives a Copy” within the envelope workflow will get a envelope completion notification when the envelope is complete along with the document attachment (if enabled on account). The Sender of the envelope also receives a completion notification.

Comments are basic in the sense that they are Enabled, Disabled, or have an override capability for the Sender.  There is no option to limit the Comments to be available or not available to specific Recipients.

Thank you

To clarify re comments, if I, as Sender, disable the comments then the recipient will be forced to email any comments and changes etc. through normal email channels?

The worry is that a comment, if comments were enabled and a recipient leaves one that it may be sent to outside vendor when document is executed.

@KMancini If Sender override is allowed, you as the Sender can disable “Comments” on the envelope. Therefore any commentary or instructions that would be needed on the envelope would have to go through outside channels rather then through the envelope and comment notifications.

sorry to go on about this, you said that “Comments are basic in the sense that they are Enabled, Disabled, or have an override capability for the Sender.” If I were to allow comments from internal at what point do I then override the comment so it doesn’t go to outside vendor? It would have to be pretty quick as the envelope would continue to the next recipient, right? Thanks for all your help

Hi @KMancini,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested or if the information that was provided was useful.

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.