Skip to main content

Hi guys,

I am trying to build a power automate flow with docusign connectors. I’m getting an error message, when the action “Send envelope” is triggered. 

“Signers that are required to meet 21 CFR part 11 compliance must have at least one required, non-conditional Signature or Initials tab.”

What is the actual problem here? 

(1) Do I have to set a signature field upfront, maybe with a template?

(2) Or does the connector not know, if the recipient of the envelope is certificated for 21 CFR Part 11?

Everyone in the company has a 21 CFR Part 11 signature in docusign, so this should not be a problem at all.

Does someone has a solution for this case? 

Hit me up! Thank you :)

@ByteElephant

Yes, when sending the envelope each recipient requires a signature field, which you can set via a template as you correctly mentioned in your post. You cannot do “freeform signing” when sending from a CFR Part 11 account. Therefore, you need to have the signature tag on the document before you can successfully send it.

@Michael.Rave 

Thank you, Michael.:)

Hello,

we have the same issue and are not too familiar with generating templates.

Is it possible to receive a sample template with a signature tag on the document that we could use as a test case?

Greetings,

Thilo Gaugler

@Thilo Gaugler 

I suggest watching this video, which is a quick step-by-step guide on how to create a template.

@Thilo Gaugler 

Hi Thilo,

my solution was to add tabs for the recipient directly on my document via PowerAutomate. I had to come up with a different solution, because the usage of templates is forbidden by company guidelines atm. 

The action is called “Add tabs for a recipient on envelope”. Maybe you can give it a try. :)