Skip to main content

I use outlook add-in when i get a document to sign. So i click on sign attachments and it opens up a docusign window where i can then sign and then save. Prior to 31-mar, docusign return emails (After i sign) always had the original subject but after that, the subject now becomes "Please sign this document". How can i change it back? I have different ppl sending me documents for different customers and their email subject to me always have the customer and document number so i know who to route the signed document back to. Now i have no way of knowing and have to open each email from docusign to see whats the document before sending it back to the sender

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.

The email subject is modified during the creation of the envelope, if you need to have this changed, please reach out to the senders of the envelopes.

If you are the sender, as mentioned, you can edit the subject during the creation of the envelope: https://support.docusign.com/s/document-item?bundleId=ulp1643236876813&topicId=ubz1578456491180.html&_LANG=enus

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

As mentioned, the email is the signed document from Docusign

James Oon

Hello,

Thank you for reaching back.

I understand, already completed envelopes can not be changed within DocuSign, this would need to be changed during the creation of the envelope and by each sender, and they can do that by editing the email subject.

Best regards,

as i already stated. pls take a look at the screenshot i sent above. Prior to Apr, when a sender sends me a document to sign and i sign it, docusign will then send me back the signed document via email WITHOUT CHANGING THE SUBJECT. After Apr, when docusign sends me back the signed document, it changes the subject to "Please Sign This Document". Again, pls see the screenshot and you'll know what i'm talking abt. The first email in the screenshot is what i get AFTER Apr 1. The second email is what i normally get. So as you can imagine, if i sign 100 documents a day, all i will see in the subject for ALL 100 emails is "Please Sign This Document". Then how am i supposed to route this back to the senders if i dont know which is which?

Hello,

I understand that the emails you are getting from sometime back to the present come with the email subject "Please Sign this Document" when it should have another time of information that can help you identify who to send it to, however, the email subject is controlled by the sender, they are the ones who can modify the email subject line. I apologize for the frustration this has caused you. You would need to contact the sender of the envelopes and request them to change them.

Now, if the email subject was correct when you first received it and then, once completed, it changed to the subject you mentioned, I would recommend contacting Customer Support with the sender of the envelopes, as there could be something wrong if the sender can confirm that they did add the subject as you needed.

Best regards,

Hi - I also have this same issue. Only from April 2023 onwards, Docusign is changing the email subject for EVERY SIGNED DOCUMENT to "Please Sign this Document".

This is even the case for emails I send to MYSELF (with a different email subject) and then I sign the attachment. The email from Docusign comes back with the new subject "Please Sign this Document".

This has been lodged as my support case number 11520408

Hello,

Apologies for the issues this has caused you, it seems like several users are reporting this and are requesting a change in this behavior to which a ticket has been created and is being evaluated by our engineering team, unfortunately, there isn't an ETA on this by I do recommend keeping an eye out on our Release Notes.

For reference, here is the ticket number, if you have further questions, please create a Customer Support case: OWA-1711

Best regards,

Thanks Nathaly,

I hope it can be resolved soon.

Kind regards,

Steve