Skip to main content

i have 2 documents

• Document X - to be signed by A, B & C (internal)
  • Document Y - to be signed by C (internal) & D (external)

Only C is able to view Document Y as reference to Document X because C is the signatory for both document X & Y. 

The visibility check box is greyed out for document Y for signatory A & B because they are not the signer i supposed. How can i enable them to view Document Y even though they are not signer?

Thanks. 

Hello, @Nana 

You are welcome to the Docusign Community!

To do that, you need to change the Document Visibility option in the Settings page to the one shown in this figure. The Sender will have the option to click in the documents check boxes to select who can view or not.

Sender can set who will see a document even if he/she will not sign it:

Let me know if I answered your question, if so, I’d appreciate your Like, thanks.

If you’re going to send a reply, use the @ then select my name, so I’ll be notified.

Best,

Alexandre

@Alexandre.Augusto thanks for your reply. Currently i have this option checked, however it only allows signer to view only. after i input signature field in the document, the other non-signer are not able to view it. i would also like to allow non-signer to view. 

Hi, @Nana 

OK, I get it.

What I did in this case? I’ve put a text field(empty) in every document that I want them only to see, unselected the Required option, select Read only for the recipients who I’d like only to see the document,  but not sign it. So, when they access the envelop, they will see the documents, no necessary do anything, then just click FINISH after they view the document(s).

Another approach you can take in scenarios like this: Use the Supplemental documents, thus it’s possible to add documents as supplemental only to be viewed, but not signed. Such Add-On is available for some Account Plans. 

https://support.docusign.com/s/document-item?language=en_US&rsc_301&bundleId=gbo1643332197980&topicId=nfs1578456470024.html&_LANG=enus

If I answered your question, I’d appreciate your Like here, thanks!

Alexandre

Hi @Nana 

Another solution to this would be to add A&B as needs to view roles in your signing order.  So after/before they sign X they get an e-mail to view Y.

Hello @Nana ,

If you found the provided response to be a useful solution to your question, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!