Skip to main content
Solved

Do Drafts get purged automatically?

• 6 September 2024
  • 1 reply

Hi, 

I need some clarifications on the retention of Drafts.

From what I understand from Setting, by default draft envelopes are retained for 30 days from the creation date. At the 30 day mark, all draft envelopes will be cleared from the draft folder.  My question is: Does cleared from the draft folder mean purged?  If the drafts are not purged after 30 days, where do they go other than not in the Draft folder?

On the other hand, in Docusign eSignature Admin Guide’s Purging Envelopes, it says “To be purged, envelopes must have a status of Completed, Declined, or Voided. In-process and Draft envelopes cannot be purged.” 

This seems so confusing.  Please help. Thanks.

Regards,

ykad

Our clients told me that he query out some envelopes which status is deleted two days ago by the api liststatuschanges. 

https://developers.docusign.com/docs/esign-rest-api/reference/envelopes/envelopes/liststatuschanges/

I compare the delete date, it seems 30 days after it create. I try delete the envelope in draft box, then query the status, it is still created. so it only move to deleted folder.

I think the draft envelopes are retained for 30 days then the statues is deleted.

but retention policy is only for the documents in the Envelopes which have a status of Completed, Declined, or Voided. the status is not changed after be purged.

FreeLink/甫连信息
🌍 DocuSign Partner | Partner Profile
🏆 2024 APAC Reseller Growth Partner of the Year
🔧 First globally to pass DocuSign eSignature Technical Consultant certification
🚀 Expertise in DocuSign integrations with in-house systems for leading enterprises across various industries.

Feel free to reach out for collaboration opportunities.