Skip to main content

Is there any way to disable print & download button for documents that do not require a signature and are sent using “Needs to View”?

Hello @CKSS

Thank you for reaching out here, we want to welcome you to the Docusign Community, I appreciate you bringing your question to this Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience, I understand that you want to know if there is a possibility to remove the option to Print & Download when a recipient that has the "Needs to View", accesses the envelope

There is no setting to remove the options depending on the recipient type, however, it can be done by editing the Signing Resource file, Resource files are optional files that allow you to control the text elements in your account signing view and emails. 

There are two master resource files, one for signing and one for email messages. To use resource files, you download the appropriate master file, make modifications, and then upload the modified file to the DocuSign system. 

Only the differences between your modified file and the master file are saved. You can upload one custom resource file for each signing brand, and all changes for all languages must be included in the uploaded files. If you don't upload a modified resource file, the system will use default information from the master file. Resource Files.

Important: Customizing resource files is an advanced branding configuration option that can significantly impact your account, and should be done only by someone with expertise in XML and HTML. The master resource files are subject to change without notice. If you customize your resource files, after each release, Docusign recommends you review any changes and update your custom files as needed.

Note: Some advanced features and options are supported only in specific DocuSign plans. Your account plan might not support some options discussed in this help topic. Contact your account administrator for more information about which options are available for your account. Or, visit our Plans and Pricing web page for more details on the features included with your plan. Compare eSignature plans & pricing.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

Hi @CKSS,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested or if the information that was provided was useful.

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.